Find a consultant
List of Specialities
Services & Specialities
High Quality Healthcare and Medical Advice
Neurosurgery describes any surgery performed on the nervous system, such as the brain and the spinal cord. For example removing brain tumours or treating severe back pain.
31 Old Broad Street offers certain Neurosurgery services including scans, however the majority of Neurosurgery services are based at London Bridge Hospital which include the following specialities:
- Operations for degenerative, disc and neoplastic disorders.
- Sciatica and back pain surgery London
- Neurological assessment, MRI scanning and treatment of sciatica and back pain.
- Brain Tumour Biopsy. The removal of a small piece of brain tumour so that it can be examined under the microscope.
- Brain Tumour Debulking (reducing the mass of the tumour)
- London Shunts for Hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain). Fluid is diverted from the head into another body cavity (typically the abdomen or chest) or within the brain.
- Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy for Hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain). Fluid is re-routed within the brain allowing it to escape, thus relieving hydrocephalus.